Life by Jeanie’s Resource Page
This is where I get my stuff! 🙂
Below you will find listed some of the companies and products I believe in and use in my own kitchen. Links are included for your convenience; you are not obligated in any way.
This resource page is a way to help you easily locate products to live a real food, traditional lifestyle. Many of these products may be found locally and that is fine, that’s what I do when it is convenient. In my own backyard is always my first choice but that is seldom possible.
Many of the sources and items are here because I prefer the quality or the price may be better. Other times, it is just easier to have them brought to my door. The time and energy saved is huge, it almost feels like an extra set of hands helping!
Some of my resources are affiliate links, which means that when you purchase through these links; although the cost is the same to you; I may receive a small commission that helps keep this blog going. Your support is very much appreciated!
Some resources, as well as some of the books and classes are here just because I love them and want you to have access to them also. This list may change as I find new products I feel will help you so check for new items once in a while 🙂
- doTerra Essential Oils – My first choice for high quality essential oils.
- Modern Essentials *4th Edition* – This is my go-to reference resource and is labeled as the “Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils”. There are more current editions with more information but I like the easy to use referrals to my favorite doTerra oils.
- iHerb – I purchase some of my supplements and miscellaneous items.
- Mountain Rose Herb – This is my go-to supplier for quality teas, spices and dried herbs. Also, most of my ingredients for making skin care and personal items are purchased here. The simplest way I find products is to type in an item in the search box on the home page and let them show me all the options.
- Radiant Life – The first place I go for healthy fats including coconut oil, minerals like sea salt or magnesium flakes and fermented cod liver oil. ps. I buy my coconut oil by the gallon because we use so much and it saves me lots of dollars. 🙂
- Amazon – For all my other miscellaneous items, I start here and search for what ever, including the word “organic” in the search saves time.
- Real Milk Finder – For local options, if raw milk is legal in your area.
- Walnut Hills Farm is my local supplier of pasture raised beef, chickens and pork. If you are located outside of the middle Tennessee area; check Eat Wild, a website dedicated to helping you locate a source for grass-fed meat and dairy products in the United States and Canada. Products include: Beef, Pork, Lamb, Veal, Goat, Elk, Venison, Yak, Chickens, Ducks, Rabbits, Turkeys, Eggs, Milk, Cheeses, Wild-Caught Salmon and more!
Books I’ve found helpful:
- DIY Non-Toxic Cleaning Supplies – by Heather Dessinger aka Mommypotamus.
- DIY Organic Beauty E-Book – by Heather Dessinger aka Mommypotamus.
- Nourished Baby 2nd Edition – by Heather Dessinger aka Mommypotamus.
- The Real Food Guide for the Rest of Us Real Food for Real Life: How to Eat Healthy Without Going Completely Crazy by Emily Benfit.
- The Granny Plan – Kathy Block makes cooking real food simple with her 12 step program to follow any night of the week!
- The Sleep Solution – a great guide to help you end your insomnia naturally!
- Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts – Have you started a grain free diet and can’t imagine eating cake again? Take a peek at this delicious recipe book from Ditch the Wheat.
- Real Food Survival Guide for Busy Moms – Are you new to real food and not sure how you can possibly take on ‘from scratch’ cooking? This book will help navigate the real food world.
- The Homemade Mommy Handbook – A complete guide to real food cooking tips and techniques including braising, roasting, sauteeing, grilling plus 60+ real food recipes.
- Oh Lardy’s Guide To Keeping Backyard Chickens – The title says it all, once you read this down to earth, easy to read guide; you’ll be ready to get started with your own chickens. Or like me, you can dream away!
- AWAKEN: 30+ EGG FREE AND GRAIN FREE BREAKFASTS If you get tired of eggs every morning, allergic to eggs or just want a change of pace; this book is for you!
- SQUEAKY CLEAN PALEO:100+ RECIPES TO BEAT BOREDOM AND DITCH CRAVINGS! Would you like to change your diet, but don’t know where to start? This e-book will help you reach what ever goal you have. Perfect for low carb, paleo, primal, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, casein free, and GAPS diets. Recipes to help ditch sugar cravings…for good!
- The Gelatin Secret from Hollywood Homestead has just what you need for relief from digestive and gut problems.
- The Paleo Survival Guide: Getting Started With Paleo – Find out just what paleo is and what types of foods you will be eating from Hollywood Homestead.
- Culture Your Life – Here is concise e-book from Loula Natural about Kefir and Kombucha, written to help nourish your life on a daily basis. You’ll find over 45 Recipes developed for Health, Strength and Nourishment.
On-Line Classes & Programs
- Fearless Digestion – Learn how to: Heal Your Gut. Transform Your Life!